- Congratualtions to Professor Mike Lockwood FRS, who has been awarded the Royal Astronomical Society's highest award, the Gold Medal in geophysics! To read Professor Lockwood's award citation please see here.
- Our work detailing the construction of the Solar Stormwatch CME catalogue has been published in Space Weather. The catalogue can be accessed here
- Dr Chris Scott's recent paper "Evidence for solar wind modulation of lightning'' has been specially selected to feature in May's monthly highlights of Environmental Research Letters. See a video abstract of this work here
Welcome to the Space and Atmospheric Electricity research group homepage. We are a group within the Department of Meteorology at the University of Reading and our research interests include:
- Atmospheric electricity and Ionospheric physics
- Heliospheric physics
- Magnetospheric physics
- Space weather and climate
Prospective PhD students should view the information on postgraduate research and list of available PhD projects on the main Department of Meteorology site.